The best of coconut tea blends are smooth, toasty and buttery. They are usually started with a mild base as loose leaf green or oolong tea. The smooth floral notes of a light-to-medium bodied oolong perfectly complement the lovely flavor of toasted coconut. Some playful accents such as pieces of tropical fruit, pineapple, papaya, orange peels, might be added to the blend to set that easy-breezy mood. Natural vanilla is also very appropriate for a hint of tropical sweetness.
What are the benefits of coconut tea?
A little bit of coconut can do great things for your loose leaf tea. For starters, it can boost the antioxidant level in your cup. Green tea laced with coconut shavings, coconut milk or coconut oil is an excellent source of antioxidants, fighting cell death, preventing cancer, and helping you achieve your weight loss goals. Coconut has also been found to increase ‘good’ cholesterol in your system and reduce ‘bad’ cholesterol. This makes it heart-friendly and minimizes your risk of acquiring hypertension and cardiovascular diseases. Coconut oil in particular can give your tea antimicrobial properties, keeping bacterial infections at bay. And coconut milk with its lauric acid content does the same for viral and fungal infections.
Tasting notes and reviews
Tea drinkers adore the “creamy, coconutty smell”, “a wonderful nutty taste” of coconut teas. Some find them as a “perfect substitute for my afternoon sweet tooth”. The prevalent opinion is “This is heaven in a cup!”
- Rooibos and herbal based coconut blends are available on the market as a non-caffeine alternative to tea.
- All coconut teas are great on ice.
- Some of the great innovative coconut blends which deserved plenty of raving reviews are coconut milk tea, coconut matcha and coconut chai tea.
- See our top 10 coconut tea picks below.
The Republic of Tea HiCAF Toasted Coconut Black Tea, 250 Tea Bags, High-Caffeinated Gourmet Herbal Blend
- Highly Caffeinated: Green tea extract and pure caffeine combine for a delicious blend with more caffeine than coffee.
- Unmatched Flavor: A tropical splash of coconut flavor mixes beautifully with premium black tea for a delicious taste.
The Republic of Tea, Coconut Cocoa Herb Tea, 36-Count
- Dessert in a Cup: Rich, sweet, and exotic flavors of coconut and chocolate are blended to perfection for a guilt-free treat.
- Featured on the Today Show: Named one of the Top 10 Skinny Foods that all dieters should try on NBC's Today Show, as well as in Woman's World Magazine.