Slimming detox teas rank quite high in the list of natural weight loss supplements. Combining the prospect of wholesome weight management with the classic goodness of a hot cup of tea, these products are rapidly making their way into millennials kitchens around the world.
Are detox teas actually effective for weight loss?
The prospect of losing weight naturally, while sampling a variety of delicious herbal flavors, might sound too good to be true, but the idea isn’t all that farfetched. Holistic and traditional nutritionists believe that herbal ingredients in detox tea and slimming teas aid the body’s metabolism and natural waste filtration system. They encourage the body to efficiently consume its stored energy (read fat) and support the liver and kidneys in their cleansing functions. You thus stand to be less susceptible to heart diseases and strokes, while also experiencing mood improvements and increased energy.
So, what’s the catch?
It’s simple, really. Like any other dietary supplement, slimming teas don’t have magical powers. They cannot singlehandedly change the way you look and feel. You would primarily need to practice a healthy and disciplined fitness regimen, which includes a balanced diet and sufficient exercise. Detox teas can only support these practices by encouraging your liver, kidneys, and other organs to work at full capacity.
Also, watch out for side effects.
In order to cleanse the digestive system, some detox and weight loss teas contain senna, which is a natural herbal laxative. A long-term intake of senna (or any laxative) can have adverse effects including diarrhea, nausea, and dehydration. Therefore, teas with senna listed in ingredients should only be consumed for short periods of time.
What kind of slimming tea should I buy?
Finding dandelion leaf tea in your local grocery stores may not be an easy feat. It is a surprisingly uncommon tea, so your best bet would be to purchase this tea online. Buddha Teas takes pride in offering an organic dandelion tea that is carefully prepared from fresh dandelions and then packaged in bleach free tea bags.buddhateas.com
Though not exactly a miracle drink, best of detox or weight loss teas do serve as a good, short-term cleansing aid for your body. Look for the base ingredients in your detox tea.
- Dandelion, Burdock root and Milk Thistle are known for their ability to enhance liver function.
- Cranberry and Chickweed are effective sources of Vitamin C, with additional diuretic properties to boot.
- Many slimming teas contain Hibiscus, Gymnema, and Acai Berries, all of which are believed to improve metabolism and reduce excess appetite, thus helping you maintain your desirable weight.
- That being said, high quality Chinese oolong or green tea bursting with naturally occurring antioxidants can serve as an effective and delightful cleansing remedy.
Is green tea a fat burner?
Yes, you can use green tea for weight loss. Brimming with antioxidants and beneficial plant compounds, green tea is one of the most popular slimming teas out there. And yes, it does indeed help you get rid of fat. For starters, it contains a mild dose of caffeine which itself speeds up the metabolism. But it’s the antioxidants called catechins that are the real stars of the show. The catechin EGCG in particular triggers fat-burning hormones in your body, encouraging them to break down more fat and convert it into energy that your muscles can use. As a result, 2-3 cups of green tea together with a daily workout routine can help you shed fat in quick time.
Is Dandelion Root good for a weight loss tea?
Nowadays, dandelion might be considered a weed, however, this is a long known and very respectable remedy in alternative medicine. Both leaves and roots of dandelion are used for holistic infusions. Dandelion root is notable for its anti-inflammatory and diuretic properties. It also works as a mild natural laxative. It helps body move fluids through faster and clean body of toxins and excess of sugar. Alternative medicine traditionally utilizes dandelion root tea for liver detox, reducing bloating, fighting diabetes naturally as well as soothing and preventing urinary tract infections. Given all these healing qualities, it seems natural for dandelion to appear as the main ingredient in most popular and effective slimming and detox teas on the market.
So, complement your new fitness program with a great detox tea and begin the journey to a slimmer, fitter, and happier you!
Dandelion Root Tea Detox Tea – Raw Organic Vitamin Rich Digestive
- RAW DANDELION ROOT. This dandelion root tea is raw not roasted to preserve beneficial enzymes and improve the bioavailability of vital minerals and vitamins.
- ORGANIC AND DELICIOUS. Our Dandelion Root Tea is 100 percent organic and flavored with ceylon cinnamon and hibiscus which are not only delicious, they promote stable blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- RICH IN VITAMINS...
Bikini Body Detox Tea for Weight Loss
- GET YOUR BEACH BODY READY! - Summer's just around the corner! Are you ready to hit the beach, or are you still struggling to lose the pounds? Don't worry - we're here to help!
- QUICK RESULTS - Start feeling Trimmed, Toned, and Gorgeous starting in your first few weeks & stay motivated to achieve your long term weight loss goals.