What is Dragonwell green tea?
Dragonwell tea, or Longjing (Long Jing), is a premium Chinese green tea native to the northern part of Zhejiang Province. This highly prized tea is known equally for its soft, subtle aroma and its distinctively flattened leaves. The latter is a consequence of masterful pan-firing, a process that Dragonwell tea has been subjected to throughout the centuries of its existence.
What kind of tea is Longjing?
Longjing tea has a pale green, clear infusion, aromatic, toasty sweet, with a hint of astringency. Dragonwell brings to your cup the inviting, toasty flavor of chestnuts and firewood, together with a light grassy aroma and a pleasant velvety texture. Seasoned Longjing drinkers swear by its “irresistibly heady aroma“, so beautifully complemented by “a lingering aftertaste of honey”.
When buying Dragonwell tea, pay attention to the following details:
- Origin. Authentic Dragonwell tea is traditionally handmade in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province, China.
- The shape of leaves. Quality Longjing tea will have delicate, smooth, shiny leaves that are perfectly flattened along their inner veins.
- Time of harvesting. The finest Longjing is “pre-ming tea” harvested before Qing Ming Day, which falls on either April 4th or 5th.
Mighty Leaf Organic Dragon Well Green Tea
- Contains 180 servings
- Certified Organic and Kosher
- Packaged in a 1 lb., triple-ply foil bag with a resealable, pressure-zip closure to preserve freshness. Includes a loose tea measuring scoop.